Thursday, August 13, 2015

Compare the Two "Leading Candidates" This Week: Hey, Why Not

It has been said (choose your reference and number)
"A picture is worth a 1,000 or 10,000 words"
Bernie Sanders (BLUE) and Donald Trump (RED)


Hands down, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is drawing the crowds no one else (any candidate) even comes close to - why? I have a few ideas or hunches and much of that is listed in the fine article.

More depth and to the point of this post is the GOP's "leading" candidate at least at this point. He is the one presently grabbing all the headlines and sucking all the air (mostly his own hot air) out of the room while knocking the media or name calling anyone in arm’s reach that he dislikes and later he says: "Hey, so what, that's me, live with it. I'm a whiner and I whine until I win." That sounds more like a bully than a presidential candidate to me.  That man is no one other than Mr. Reality Show himself, always the star (of course and by careful design), Mr. Donald J. Trump (R-NY).


I could list the good, the bad, and the ugly about him all day and probably you could, too. Suffice it to say, the point is that these two men right now are out front drawing crowds unseen this early in many campaign years. Sen. Sanders certainly has the edge on all of them seen in the story above and that article is a bit dated since he now leads HILL in NH right now, but that can and will most likely change again. The question is why — what's going on here. Is is the debate showing the reason? On the GOP it seems to be. Look at how their line up shifted with surprises after that first debate.

I just read an article about Trump that says a lot about him and his constant leader poll number that, and in a way I believe many of us have described his campaign at least at this very early stage. The piece is written by a very good journalist, Matt Bai, a  reputable National Political Columnist here that he labels Trumpmania.”  It is an excellent article and hardly misses anything in my view. It is a worthwhile read for sure.  

Finally, I will keep updating on all of them (at least those I find more important that some others). I mean, who knows who the leader(s) will be next week? Boy, this thing is going to be long isn't it?

Stay tuned as always, and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: