I will start reviewing each GOP candidate commencing with this post. First out of the shoot is perhaps the biggest and phoniest of them all, or a close 2nd: Sen. Rubio from Florida. A few tidbits to start this series:
- TAXES: “We should keep rates low on everyone. Simplify our tax code by getting rid of unjustified loopholes. Generate new revenue by creating new taxpayers, not new taxes.”
- PUBLIC EDUCATION: “We need to allow charter schools and other innovative schools to flourish. The key to that is empowering parents. Parents should be the ultimate decision makers on where their children go to school. All our parents should be able to send their children to the school of their choice.”
- GOVERNMENT: “Big government is not effective government. Big government has never worked. The promise of more government as the answer to all our problems is easy to sell. But when it is put in practice, it fails every time.”
- HEALTH CARE: “People should be able to buy a health care plan that fits their needs and budget, from any company in America that is willing to sell it to them.”
- ENERGY: “American innovation has now given us access to massive new deposits of oil and natural gas, making America the most energy rich country on the planet.”
- WOMEN’S HEALTH CARE AND CONTRACEPTION:
- Consensus that life begins at conception; so no abortion (May 2014).
- I believe in protecting life but I'm not a chauvinist (Mar 2013).
- Pro-life, but understands that woman's right is the law (Jun 2012).
- Expand birth control exemption for faith-based organizations (Jun 2012).
- Opposed Sotomayor nomination based on her Roe support (Jun 2012).
- Prohibit federal funding for abortion (May 2011).
- No right to privacy, that resulted in the Roe v. Wade (Feb 2010).
- Require ultrasounds before performing abortions (Feb 2010).
- Opposes both federal abortion funding & judicial activism (Aug 2010).
- Supports prohibiting human embryonic stem cell research (Aug 2010).
- Supports giving legal protection to unborn children (Sep 2010).
- Voted against funding stem cell research (Apr 2006).
The source of Rubio’s money. My label is his “sugar daddy” (sort of) seen here.
And, the pièce de résistance about this man's hypocrisy, even now as he bashes President Obama about his decision to having normal relations with Cuba as I guess Rubio prefers war with Cuba??
Recall that in 2011 in a speech at the Reagan Center, Mr. Rubio said in part that: “Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid have weakened us a people” implying that if you are sick or in need care and can't afford, it, just well … do as your neighbors did in the olden days like this former GOP candidate once said. “When you visit your doctor and you don’t have money you just give him a couple of chickens.” Remember that analogy from Sue Lowden, the GOP senate candidate from Nevada a few years ago?
Here we are today with Rubio pretty much sounding the same saying about those programs - just how awful they are except of course, when they were there to help his sick and dying father.
For a longer version, the entire ceremony at the Reagan can be seen here from C-Span (it is about one hour).
The bottom line on Mr. Rubio is this my assessment; He is a lying, sleazy weasel who will do, say, pay, try, lie, imply, or deny anything to get into office and stay in office, or like now to reach a the highest office in the land. That must never happen.
Knowing who he is and what he stands for and has said should be proof enough for anyone. That is my purpose.
Thanks for stopping by.