Monday, January 14, 2019

Trump and His GOP Minions: The Look of Lust or Shock & Awe Now Worse Than Ever

Read those GOP expressions and tell me I'm wrong
(Betcha can't)

From the story here (Reuters): Trump says he loves “his acting heads of departments” since it gives him “flexibility” – then he emphasized: “I love acting.”

I have ‘acting.’ And my ‘actings’ are doing really great. David [Bernhardt] is doing great at Interior. Mick Mulvaney is doing great as [White House] chief of staff. But I sort of like ‘acting.’ It gives me more flexibility. Do you understand that? I like ‘acting,’ so we have a few that are acting. If you look at my Cabinet, we have a fantastic Cabinet. Really good.” (Trump speaking to reporters)

Trump initially designated 24 positions in his administration as Cabinet-level jobs.

A half-dozen are being occupied by individuals on an acting basis.

1.    Mick Mulvaney as acting CofS.
2.    Patrick Shanahan, a former Boeing executive, as acting Defense secretary.
3.    David Bernhardt, a former oil and gas industry lobbyist, as Secretary of the Interior Department.
4.    Andrew Wheeler as acting EPA chief,
5.    Matthew Whitaker, a former U.S. attorney who has criticized the special counsel probe, as the acting AG.
6.    Jonathan Cohen as acting UN Ambassador.

My 2 cents: Trump loves the spotlight center stage with no props or assistants or scripts – he is a free-wheeler who expects applause, cheers, constant praise, and 24/7 absolute loyalty.


GOP Senate Leader Mitch Strangelove McConnell
(With Trump to the bitter end)

FYI: “Acting” as in actors in Hollywood means “to pretend” to be someone you are not – in short: “role playing.” So, is Trump pretending to be president? Self-evident isn’t it? 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: