Friday, September 28, 2018

Trump Presidential Transition Team Cost: He Hates the Law and Just Wants His Money Back

I don't care what the law says - I just want my money back

A new article by journalist Michael Lewis (from the Guardian page) claims that Donald Trump in 2016 went on a furious tirade when he learned that his campaign was required by law to fund a presidential transition team.

Writing in the Guardian (seen here via Raw Story) Lewis explains that former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie explained to Trump in April 2016 that he would need to either pay to hire a transition team himself or would have to use campaign funds to pay for it.

Trump then blew his stack at that news. To wit:

Trump grudgingly agreed to let Christie set up a separate fund aimed solely at raising money for the transition. By August 2016, the transition team had hired hundreds of people — and Trump found out by reading a newspaper article that the transition fund had raised millions of dollars to pay them.

Upon reading this, reports Lewis, Trump summoned both Christie and former campaign chairman Steve Bannon into his office and blew up at both of them.

Trump said: “You’re stealing my money! You’re stealing my f**king money! What the f**k is this?”

(Note: The team tried to explain to Trump that campaigns are required by law (refer to this part: Public Law 88-277 at the link) to fund transition teams to ensure a smooth transfer of power after the election – he continued his potty mouth adding): “F**k the law. I don’t give a f**k about the law. I want my f**king money.”


My 2 cents: Boy were we duped with this man – as I’ve said a thousand times: Shame on us for falling for his con.

It ain’t over yet – stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: