GOP: Obama Never Flies in Helicopters
(I just added that one as intro)
Obama has Lousy Jobs Record
(How about a Rick Perry "oops" moment??)
GOP Plans For: Job Creation; Cuts in SNAP (food stamps); More Attacks on Unions
(all are real and not hyped)
Three sources were used to gather info for this post:
1. GOP Basic Plan (Restoring the American Dream) - don't you just love those labels? Their Bullet Point List (click item to see details):
- Job Creation: Getting Americans Back to Work
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Tax Relief to Grow the Economy and Create Jobs
- American Competitiveness in a Global Economy
- Fundamental Tax Principles
- Reining in Out-of-Control Spending, Balancing the Budget, and Ensuring Sound Monetary Policy
- Balancing the Budget
- Inflation and the Federal Reserve
- Ending the Housing Crisis and Expanding Opportunities for Homeownership
- Rebuilding Homeownership
- Infrastructure: Building the Future
- More American Jobs, Higher Wages, and A Better Standard of Living
- A Twenty-First Century Workforce
- Freedom in the Workplace
2. From a “leading GOP presidential hopeful” – Sen. Rafael Edward “Ted” Cruz (R-TX). His vision for
after the November 2014 election with the GOP in total control of Congress
(which BTW, they achieved) are contained in this is statement of purpose (I
“Republicans are poised to take control of Congress. We should set our sights on three big goals to make Americans feel confident in their futures once again: (1) jumpstart the economy, (2) safeguard constitutional liberties, and (3) strengthen our national security.”
Here are ten critical priorities for the 2015 Congress (click article to see each one). I didn’t really want to post them here – so check them out. Ironically, many GOPers subscribe to those same items in one form or another, so it should be interesting between now and November 2016.
3. Now the biggie from the GOP Song and Dance page: (1) Obama is a lousy president, (2) his policies and especially ACA (Obama-care) is a “job killers, (3) ad
Intro to that piece and as the above jobs chart reflects, shows clearly that the GOP does not know their collective ass from a hole in the ground, i.e.., Republicans have consistently said that a president cannot take responsibility for a strong economy — unless of course he’s a Republican.
A weak economy, however, is always a Democratic president’s fault. And if a Republican president presides over the worst financial crisis in a half-century after seven years in office that is clearly the fault of poor people.
President Obama is in an awkward position when it comes to the economy. It’s only great if you compare it to the last 14 years. But with 50 percent of America now saying in the latest CNN poll that his presidency is a success, and he figures he’s allowed to “take a well-earned victory lap” by answering the question Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) asked for four years: “Where are the jobs?”
Um, … (1) after 12 million new jobs, (2) a stock market that has more than doubled, (3) deficits that have been cut by two-thirds, (4) health care inflation at the lowest rate in nearly 50 years (and the uninsured rate is less than 10%), (5) manufacturing coming back, (6) the auto industry came back, and (7) clean energy doubled, etc., etc., etc., well, the GOP is still beside itself with excuses and blame – but they really should glance in the nearest mirror.
Thanks for stopping by. Oh, yeah, sorry Mr. and Mrs. Gee Old Poops for being so tough, but you earned every thing I have said and then some … congrats.